Welcome to Kyoshin Shotokan Karate Club
On 27th April 2001, a group of respected Karate practitioners met and agreed upon the constitution of a new Shotokan Karate Club. The constitution came into effect on 1st June 2001 which is the date that "Kyoshin Shotokan Karate Club" began.
The primary objectives of the club are:
- to safely and successfully foster and develop the spirit and practice of Karate-do in accordance with the guidelines laid out by the Karate Union of Great Britain (KUGB).
- to provide quality Karate training to the community at affordable rates.
- to provide excellent instruction in all aspects of traditional Karate-do, as a martial art, science, and mental/physical discipline.
- to co-operate with other bodies having similar aims.
- to maintain an active social side to the club for all its members and friends of the club.
- to obtain, collect, receive and administer money and funds for these purposes on a "not for profit" basis.
Under the guidance of its Chief Instructor, Sensei Ian Harman (5th Dan), Kyoshin members train in an environment which is respectful, disciplined, informative and friendly at the same time.